Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 12, 2011

Asian Squash-Noodle Salad

Just like everyone at this time of year, I received quite a few zucchini in my CSA box from Cooper's.  I was wondering what to do with them (make brownies?  make a lasagna?) and then I found this recipe that I had torn out of a magazine ages ago.  I am SO glad I made it because all of us loved it ~ my son couldn't stop eating it!  It comes out better with a mandolin, but cutting it finely like I did is okay too!

ASIAN SQUASH-NOODLE SALAD
Ingredients:
4 zucchini, each about 10" long
2 tbsp minced green onions (I used garlic scapes!)
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp dry Sherry or Scotch
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp finely grated ginger
  • If you have a mandolin, cut the zucchini lengthwise into shoestring 'noodles'.  Otherwise, using a chef's knife, cut into 1/8" thick slices.  Stack the sliced, and cut them lengthwise into 1/4" strips.
  • Steam the zucchini noodles for 5 mins or until tender.  Immediately rinse them under cold water to stop them cooking.  Drain well and put into a large bowl.
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and drizzle over the zucchini noodles, tossing gently to coat.
  • Serve and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment