- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, eggs, 1/4 cup cheese, basil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large (10") ovenproof skillet, coated with cooking spray, saute zucchini and onions in the olive oil until softened.
- Add egg mixture; cover and cook for 4 - 6 minutes, or until eggs are almost set.
- Uncover, top with tomatoes and remaining cheese. Place skillet in oven under broiler until eggs are completely set (2 to 3 mins). Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Enjoy with some melon wedges on the side!
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
6 egg whites
4 whole eggs
1/2 cup grated cheese, divided (I used cheddar)
1 tbsp minced fresh basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 small zucchini, sliced (or you can use diced red bell peppers)
2 green onions, sliced
1 tsp olive oil
Sliced tomatoes to cover the top of the frittata (I used grape tomatoes)