- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large skillet, saute the beef with onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, garlic poweder, sage and pepper flakes over medium heat until no longer pink. Break the beef up into crumbles with the spoon. Stir in spinach and remove from heat.
- Spread potatoes in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with beef mixture.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, ricotta, milk, black pepper, and remaining salt; pour over top of the beef. Sprinkle with Cheddar and top with tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
BEEFY BREAKFAST BAKE
1lb lean ground beef
2 tsp onion powder,
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground sage
red pepper flakes
1 pkg frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
4 cups frozen, diced hashbrown potatoes
14 large eggs
1 cup ricotta cheese (or soft goat's cheese)
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp black pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
I think my favourite salad is a Cobb Salad simply because it has so many ingredients that I love all put together in such a colourful and beautiful display! Traditionally this is served with a creamy dressing, but this lighter vinaigrette is so delicious that you won't imagine putting anything else on top of your salad!!
COBB SALAD WITH VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp dried mustard powder
3/4 cup of grapeseed or avocado oil
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large container of mixed greens (choose one with 'sturdier' leaves like romaine, kale and endive)
2 baked chicken breasts, diced
2 medium tomatoes, diced (I used a mixture of a small yellow,red and orange tomatoes for colour)
3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
6 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
- In a blender combine the first 8 ingredients for the dressing. Slowly add the oils in a steady stream. Place in a serving container and set aside.
- Cover a large serving platter with the mixed greens. Arrange the chicken, tomatoes, eggs, cheese and bacon over the greens in rows. Grind black pepper over top.
- Serve with the dressing and ENJOY!
This breakfast is not only super-filling, but it is an entire breakfast all in one skillet! Easy to make for a Sunday brunch, or even a weeknight meal.
ALL-IN-ONE SKILLET BREAKFAST
8 bacon strips, finely diced
1 medium white onion, diced
900g bag of frozen, diced hashbrown potatoes
Salt and black pepper
1 cup shredded cheese
- In a large skillet (preferrably one with deeper sides to it), saute the bacon and onion over medium heat until the bacon is crisp. Drain the pan reserving 1/4 cup drippings.
- Stir in the hashbrowns. Saute uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minute; stirring constantly to ensure the potatoes are golden brown. Make 8 indentations in the potato mixture and crack an egg into each well. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Cook, uncovered on medium low for 10 minutes, or until egg whites are set. Sprinkle with cheese and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Serve and ENJOY!