- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large skillet, saute the beef with onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, garlic poweder, sage and pepper flakes over medium heat until no longer pink. Break the beef up into crumbles with the spoon. Stir in spinach and remove from heat.
- Spread potatoes in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Top with beef mixture.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, ricotta, milk, black pepper, and remaining salt; pour over top of the beef. Sprinkle with Cheddar and top with tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Beefy Breakfast Bake
BEEFY BREAKFAST BAKE
1lb lean ground beef
2 tsp onion powder,
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground sage
red pepper flakes
1 pkg frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
4 cups frozen, diced hashbrown potatoes
14 large eggs
1 cup ricotta cheese (or soft goat's cheese)
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp black pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved