|So good that Emeli wore it!|
|The boys digging in like savages!|
- Place the crab in the freezer for 2 hours, or until it stops moving (this is really a humane way of killing them because they just go to sleep ~ especially if you are squeamish about killing them! Otherwise buy frozen!!) Remove the legs and crack them with a rolling pin. Remove the top fo the shell and clean out the insides with your fingers. Chop the crab and top shells in half.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and peppercorns. Stir constantly until they become fragrant and toasted, approx 3 to 4 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the paste, grind the toasted seeds with a pinch of salt using a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder. Transfer this dry mixture to a food processor and add the vinegar, coconut flakes, ginger, garlic, chile and onions. Blend to form a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over low heat. Add the paste and saute until fragrant and some of the juices evaporate, approx. 5 to 10 minutes. Add the tomato, curry leaves, turmeric, chili powder, and a pinch of salt and cook until the tomato are tender and melting into the sauce, approx 5 mins. Add the crab and 1/2 cup water, increase the heat to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the crab pieces are cooked through, approx 10 mins. Mix in the coconut milk and simmer for 2 to 3 mins to allow flavours to blend. DO NOT boil the coconut milk as it will split.
- Place the crab either directly on your kraft paper or on a big platter and dig in!!!