- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease muffin cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, pepper and oregano together. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, potatoes and milk until fairly smooth. Pour over dried ingredients.
- Add green onions and red peppers to the bowl and mix until ingredients are just combined. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in centre of the oven for 15 mins (or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of one muffin, comes out clean).
- Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and let cool.
- Enjoy with butter while still slightly warm, or with your favourite soup, stew or chili!!!
Monday, August 29, 2011
Leftover Mashed Potato Muffins
LEFTOVER MASHED POTATO MUFFINS
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
4 tsp granulated sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp each ground black pepper & dried oregano
1 cup mashed potatoes
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup minced green onions (I use garlic scapes!)
1/2 cup finely minced red bell pepper