- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat and saute the apples, leeks, carrots and celery until softened.
- Add flour and stir well to coat the vegetables. Stir in the broth, cider, curry powder, cumin and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer until the apples and vegetables are tender.
- Using an immersion blender, or in a food processor or blender in batches, puree the soup until smooth. Return to Dutch oven and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the cheeses until melted and soup is smooth.
- Serve with a warm loaf of crusty bread and ENJOY!
*To properly prepare leeks: Cut off root end and slice leek in half, lengthwise. Under running water, gently rinse to remove all grit that can be trapped in between the layers of the leek. Shake dry and then lay the halves, cut side down and slice!*