- Heat olive oil in skillet. Saute onions and peppers over medium high, stirring often, until softened. Add garlic; saute for an additional minute.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices. Stir to combine well. Simmer over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it reduces and thickens. Add salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, directly over the tomato mixture, spacing out evenly.
- Cover the skillet and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked and the sauce has really thickened.
- Turn off heat, sprinkle chopped parsley over entire dish.
- Serve with toasted flat bread
Friday, January 13, 2017
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 seeded and diced red or green pepper
28oz can diced tomatoes (I use low-sodium)
1 can tomato paste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
Pinch of cayenne
Pinch of sugar (optional)
Salt & pepper, to taste
5 - 6 eggs
1 tbsp chopped, fresh parsley