- Preheat oven to 400F. Wash sweet potatoes and prick skins with fork. Place in oven on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 45 mins to 1 hour (or until soft)
- While the potatoes bake, heat oil in a skillet and saute celery, onion and carrot over med-high heat until softened. Transfer to a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked, cut in half lengthwise, scoop out most of the flesh leaving a thin layer so the skins maintain their shape. Combine with the celery mixture.
- Add shredded chicken to the bowl, along with the mayonnaise, buffalo sauce and spices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop mixture back into the potato skins and bake for 20 minutes more in a 350F oven.
- Sprinkle each potato with optional toppings.
- Serve and ENJOY!!
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Buffalo Chicken Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
I found this recipe on Facebook and had it bookmarked for the longest time. After back-to-back classes of Pilates and yoga, I was hungry!!! I bought a rotisserie chicken on my way home and had the rest of the ingredients on hand.
This is easy, flavourful, filling and healthy - you HAVE to try it!!!
BUFFALO CHICKEN TWICE BAKED SWEET POTATOES
4 medium sized-sweet potatoes
2 heaping cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup finely diced celery
1/2 cup shredded carrot
2 tsp coconut oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buffalo sauce (I used Frank's)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried dillweed
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Sliced green onions, fresh parsley, cubed avocado (optional toppings)
**I unfortunately scooped too much of the flesh out of the potato skins and they crumpled. Instead I placed the mixture in small serving dishes, baked them in the dishes and served as you see in the photo!