Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Cheese Tortellini Soup

As always, I needed a fast recipe because I arrived home late (story of my life it seems!)  Besides having to pick up the tortellini on my way home (I grabbed these gluten free tortellini from Zehrs), I had everything else on hand! Fast, easy, inexpensive and tasty - try it!!

CHEESE TORTELLINI SOUP
Ingredients:
1 package of refrigerated fresh tortellini
6 cups of chicken broth
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 handfuls of fresh spinach or arugula
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
  • Heat oil over medium high in a large pot.  Add onions and saute until golden brown.  Add stock and bring to a boil.
  • Once boiling, add tortellini.  Reduce heat to medium and cook until al dente.
  • Add tomatoes and juice, arugula, dried basil and ground pepper.  Simmer until arugula is wilted.
  • Serve with Parmesan grated over top, if desired.
  • ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment