This photo really doesn't do this dish justice - when I make these again (because I absolutely will!), I will take a better quality shot. These are not only easy and economical but extremely healthy. I made this recipe gluten-free by using rice bread crumbs instead of regular breadcrumbs. Thank you "Canadian Living" magazine for yet another winner!
- In a food processor, pulse together celery, green onions, and parsley until finely chopped. Scrape into a bowl.
- Add fish to the food processor; pulse until fine but not pureed. Add to the parsley mixture and stir in bread crumbs, egg, mustard and pepper.
- Divide into 8 portions and make each portion a 1/2" (1cm) thick patty.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook fishcakes turning once, until golden and firm to the touch (aprox. 8 to 10 minutes)
- Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice and chili powder.
- Serve fishcakes with a side of mayo and ENJOY!