My friend Anne sent me this recipe and brought all the ingredients over to my house...what could I do but oblige her after all that hard work?! These waffles not only smell incredible but taste absolutely amazing! A delicious taste of autumn!!!
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, salt and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin, milk and egg yolks. Whip the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir the flour mixture and 1/4 cup of melted into the the pumpkin mixture till combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Cook waffles according to manufacturer's instructions
- TO MAKE THE SYRUP: stir together the sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Stir in the apple cider and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the syrup thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the 2 tbsp of butter until melted.
- Serve the warm syrup over top of the waffles with a small pat of butter. ENJOY!