Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 24, 2013

Green Curry Chicken with Asparagus

I found this recipe in the "Foodland Ontario" 2013 calendar that I picked up at "Cooper's CSA Farm & Maze" when I got my CSA box.  There are a lot of great recipes in this calendar so if you see one, grab it!
I only had bone-in chicken thighs on hand, so my photo does not look as lovely as the one in the calendar that uses boneless so they can be cut into chunks.  I think next time I will make the effort to use boneless for presentation purposes, but the flavour is phenomenal and it is super-easy to create!

GREEN CURRY CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS
Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp green curry paste
2 tbsp coconut oil (or whatever oil you prefer to use for cooking)
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
1 can light coconut milk
375g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces (mine were a little too big...I was rushing unfortunately!)
1 tbsp fish sauce or soy sauce (I used 1/2 tbsp of each as I have them on hand!)
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp liquid honey
1/2 tsp grated lime rind.
  • In a large deep skillet, cook onion, garlic curry paste and oil over medium-high heat, stirring until softened.  
  • Add chicken and saute until lightly browned (approx. 5 minutes).  Add coconut milk, 1/2 cup water and asparagus;  bring to a boil.  Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until the juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife tip.
  • Add fish sauce, lime juice, honey and lime rind.  Stir to blend and serve over a bed of rice, or on its own with flat bread for sopping up the delicious curry sauce!
  • ENJOY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment