- Preheat the oven to 375F. Either using the wrapper from the butter, or coconut oil, or cooking spray, oil a 9" springform pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl using a hand mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Using the mixer on low speed, incorporate the flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 mins.
- Removed pan from fridge and arrange the strawberries on top of the batter, cut side down. Pour the lemon juice evenly over top the berries. Combine the 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over the top of the tart.
- Bake the tart until the edges are golden brown and the centre is set (check by inserting a toothpick into the centre - it should come out clean). Approx. 45 mins.
- Remove from the oven and set tart aside to cool. When cool, run a knife around the edges of the pan, remove the springform side and serve.
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
1 cup flour (I used Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose gluten free)
1 tsp baking powder
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar (I used coconut sugar), plus 2 tbsp
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp real vanilla extract
8oz fresh strawberries, halved
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon