In case you aren't familiar with "spatchcocking" it is simply a method of flattening out a whole chicken so that it can be grilled evenly!
- In a large bowl, combine oil, turmeric, pepper, allspice, cinnamon, salt and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Using kitchen shears, cut chicken down each side of the backbone; remove the backbone. Turn chicken breast side up; press firmly on breastbone to flatten. Add to bowl and rub all over with the spice mixture.
- Heat barbecue grill and place large piece of heavy duty foil over the grill (or if you have a drip pan under the grill, just oil the grill itself). Place chicken bone side down on the grill and close lid, turn once two-thirds of the way through cooking time of 45 minutes, until juices run clear when thigh is pierced (or when thermometer reads 165C).
- Transfer to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve with lime wedges and ENJOY!!