Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 22, 2010

Apple Cranberry Crumble

My sweet tooth was aching for something the other day so I went to my binder of recipes and found this super-easy and super delicious dessert. It uses items that I had in my freezer and pantry and took only minutes to put together...my friend Michelle's family loved it!

APPLE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE
Ingredients:
3 cups chopped peeled apples (I used golden delicious)
2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
3/4 cups sugar
1 cup old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
  • In a greased 8" square baking dish, combine apples and cranberries; sprinkle with sugar. In another bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over cranberry mixture. Top with pecans if desired.
  • Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 55-60 minutes, or until browned and bubbly. Serve warm (although it's delicious at room temperature too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment