(And you know they have to be easy for a non-baker like me to make these!!!)
1 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 - 3 cups shredded zucchini
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine flours, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the shredded zucchini
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, sugars, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the zucchini mixture.
- Spread evenly in a greased 9" x 13" pan (these are lighter than regular brownies and rise more like a cake so a bigger pan is necessary).
- Sprinkle the top with the chocolate chips (and you can sprinkle nuts on top too if you choose to add these)
- Bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre, comes out clean.