I decided to pull out an old favourite this week for dinner - stuffed zucchini! My son Devon enjoyed it and I think you will too!
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise, and trim both ends. With a teaspoon or grapefruit spoon carve otu the centre of each half and reserve the zucchini flesh in a bowl.
- Put the zucchini shells in a casserole dish and add 1/2 cup of water. Cover dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes, or until the shells are softened.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350F
- Heat oil in skillet and add onion. Saute for approximately 5 minutes, or until soft. Chop reserved zucchini flesh and add to pan with garlic and tomato. Cook 5 mins.
- Take off the heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain water from casserole dish. Fill zucchini halves with the stuffing and bake for 15 minutes, or until the chevre is melted and slightly browned on top.