- In a small bowl, combine the flour, onions, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (I usually use my fingers instead of a knife!)
- Combine egg and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2" apart onto a greased baking sheet (or line it with parchment paper or use a non-stick sheet).
- Bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm alongside a soup or chili or even a salad!
*If you don't have buttermilk on hand, just add 1 tbsp of lemon juice to regular 2% milk and let it sit for a few minutes. Stir and it will be thickened and tart like buttermilk! *