|"Nigiri" sushi with wasabi peas!!|
|"Rice" rolls with "ginger" & "soy sauce"!!|
- In a small pot, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the mini marshmallows and stir until they are melted. Take pot off the heat. Place rice krispies in a large mixing bowl and add melted marshmallows - stirring together until combined.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a rimmed baking dish and pour out rice krispies mixture on to the pan. Press the mixture out into a flat sheet approximately 1/2" thick. Approximately 1/2" in from the edge of the rice krispies mixture, place two lines of gummy worms widthwise across the sheet. Take the parchment paper and gently roll the rice krispies over the gummy worms and using your hands, press into a cylinder shape (much like making real sushi on a bamboo mat or 'makisu'). Cut the roll off of the sheet of rice krispies. Like you are cutting pieces of sushi, cut the rice krispies log in 1/4" rounds. (If they flatten a little, just mould with your hands!) Wrap a strip of green fruit roll ups around the edge to mimic the seaweed (nori) found on the outside of actual maki sushi!
- Another style of 'sushi' you can make is nigiri. I achieved this by pressing the rice krispies mixture into the pan so it is 1" thick. I then cut it into 1/2" wide, 2" long pieces. Then I simply placed a gummy fish on top of the 'rice' and wrapped a thin strip of fruit roll up around the middle to imitate nigiri!
- For soy sauce I used chocolate sauce. For the pickled ginger I used the orange marshmallow wedges and simply cut them in half lengthwise. *Not until I finished did it occur to me that I could have used fondant icing and coloured it green for wasabi! Instead I substituted my guilty pleasure - wasabi peas!
- ENJOY and have fun playing with your food :0)