Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 1, 2010

Stuff!

I just realized that I haven't posted anything since mid-October...I guess I've been busy! Lately we've been eating a lot of dinners that I have already posted on my blog, so there's nothing new to add, sadly. I have been focusing on my scrapbooking which has been sorely neglected over the summertime while India and Devon were at home, and the early fall when things were super-busy over at Cooper's CSA Farm & Maze! (So technically I haven't been sitting back relaxing - just not catering to my creative outlets as much as perhaps I should!!) A few weekends ago I got together with a group of my girlfriends for a weekend retreat and got a LOT accomplished! I am almost finished my 2009 album in time for 2010 to come to a close :0) My goal for these layouts was to minimize the number of pages that I was having to complete because I had 50 pictures of each event.  Therefore, I now choose better-quality and fewer photos that best show whatever event I am scrapping about! Here are a few pages that I wanted to share...take a look!!!


I love the fact that the photos that we took at our wine tasting are as blurry and poorly composed as we all were!!

Even though I wanted this page to be fairly simple as the photos have a lot going on in them, I decided to write all the different "language" that the Sommelier encouraged us to use while tasting, around the journalling area.  I created a circular journalling space to mimic a ring left by a wine glass!

I also decided to add the varieties of wines that we tasted that night (of course I had to refer to the notes we were given because I really don't remember much after the white wines and champagne!!!)


I created this page for my girlfriend's latest baby, Jaxon!  What was cuter than the baby, was that Michelle understood my scrapping needs and dressed herself and Jaxon in similar colours!!!


Just a close-up of the title that I created on my Cricut using the "Cuttin' Up" cartridge and the paper buttons that I backed with foam squares to give a 3D effect!


Who can resist the play on words?!
I decided to do a page devoted to Greg's first car that he ever owned (and he still owns)!!!  BTW, India chose to pose like that all by herself....future auto show girl?!  LOL!


I attempted to recreate a VW symbol using silver card stock - not exact, but not bad!!!

The black ribbon reminded me of a tire tread mark on a road, and I added the purple floral one to tie in with India's boots and floral pattern on her skirt!
This page is all about India and celebrating the fact that she is now our Sunday morning Chef at breakfast!!  India's favourite are pancakes and she faithfully reproduces them from my "Canadian Living Cookbook" from scratch...of course no pancake is fully dressed without a smile!!

Just a close up of the silver crown that I backed with foam squares and cut out using the Cricut cartridge "Cuttin' Up".  The holographic appliques are repurposed from one of India's old shirts!!

As I wanted the pancakes to be the focus of this page, I decided to print this photo as a 10" x 12".  Then I simply applied white cardstock strips to provide a journalling space!


No comments:

Post a Comment