I created this soup the other day and my family loved it (it was a little spicy for the kids but they ate it)! It's simple to prepare, nutritious, and absolutely delicious!!
- In a large pot, heat the EVOO over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute until tender. Add garlic, quinoa, paprika and cayenne. Stirring constantly to prevent sticking and burning, cook for 2 mins.
- Add tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, stock, and chickpeas. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 mins. covered, stirring occasionally.
- Add parsley and lemon juice and blend with an immersion blender to desired consistency.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve and ENJOY!