Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 25, 2009

Taste of Spring!




After watching Devon's first soccer practice, Greg and I decided to have a quiet steak dinner together. I needed a fast side dish (and because it is springtime I wanted simple and fresh - because that's what I equate with springtime cooking!) I had purchased new potatoes and a variety of fresh herbs (luckily this year they are included in our CSA baskets so I won't need to buy the pre-packed type for much longer!!!) I created these potatoes that tasted fantastic and complimented our steaks perfectly!

LEMONY HERBED NEW POTATOES

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs new potatoes
1/2 tsp dried dill
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp freshly chopped parsley (or 1 tbsp dried)
1 tbsp freshly chopped chives (or 1 tsp dried)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice


  • Wash potatoes and peel a narrow strip of the skin around the middle of them. Place potatoes in pot of water with 1" of water covering them, and add the dried dill. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce to medium heat and cook for approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
  • Drain and return to pot. Combine the butter, lemon juice and fresh herbs and drizzle over the cooked potatoes. Stir gently to combine, without breaking the potatoes up.
  • Dust with freshly ground pepper and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment