- Preheat oven to 4ooF. Mix the potatoes in a bowl with 2 tbsp EVOO, thyme (to taste...I added approx. 1 tbsp), and 1 tsp salt. Roast on a baking sheet with foil over top for 40 minutes (or until potatoes are soft). I took the foil off for the last 5 minutes so that the fingerlings were golden brown.
- Whisk vinegar, EVOO together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Saute bacon until crisp. Add shallots and potatoes. Add the vinegar and saute till all are heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper if you feel it's necessary.
- Gradually add handfuls of the dandelion greens to the saute pan - I cut the leaves into thirds. Stir until wilted down.
- Serve and grate parmesan-reggiano over top!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
In my quest to serve a variety of vegetables that we don't normally eat, I picked up a bunch of dandelion greens in the grocery store yesterday. I wasn't too sure what to do with them, but decided to go onto trusty Recipezaar.com and found this fantastic recipe! The whole family gobbled it down (okay, so three out of four isn't bad...India just ate the potatoes and bacon!)
DANDELIONS WITH FINGERLING POTATOES
1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
4 tbsp EVOO
1 bunch of dandelion greens
1 cup fresh parsley
3 tbsp sherry wine vinegar (although apple cider or rice wine works great!)
12 oz bacon, cut into 1/2" dice
1/4 cup shallots, diced