- In the bottom of the slow cooker pot, layer carrots, potatoes, onion, and stewing beef. Pour the tomato sauce over top.
- In a large 2 cup measuring cup, pour 1/2 cup water into the cup and stir in the cornstarch. Stir in the package of taco seasoning, and then add the rest of the water (stirring to ensure it is smooth and combined evenly). Pour the taco mixture over the ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours.
- Uncover and stir, season with salt and pepper after tasting.
- Serve either on its own, over rice or with a side of cornbread. ENJOY!
Monday, February 24, 2014
Mexican-Style Slow Cooker Beef Stew
MEXICAN-STYLE SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW
4 carrots, cubed (or 1 small bag of baby carrots)
4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 onion, peeled and quartered
1 1/2 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1" dice
8oz can of tomato sauce
1 pkg dry taco seasoning mix (I used low sodium)
2 cups water
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper