Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easy Carrot Salad

Lately I have had an abundance of carrots in my CSA boxes from Cooper's.  While I have been using quite a few in the slow cooker for roast suppers, there were still some hanging around in the crisper.  So I created this salad last night and it was delicious ~ it is a traditional carrot salad with the addition of tomato and cilantro!

EASY CARROT SALAD
Ingredients:
2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and grated
1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used goat yogurt)
1/2 cup sour cream (I just used goat yogurt)
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 tsp salt
Handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
  • In a small bowl combine the first seven ingredients (carrots to salt).
  • Cover and refrigerate until chilled
  • Remove from fridge and garnish with cilantro and pepper just before serving.
  • ENJOY!         

No comments:

Post a Comment