- GARAM MASALA DRUMSTICKS: In a resealable freezer bag, combine bread crumbs, garam masala, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and coconut.
- Dip chicken into beaten egg and add chicken drumsticks to the bag and shake to coat each drumstick thoroughly. Remove to a plate.
- ALOO GOBI: In a small bowl, stir together cumin, coriander, curry powder, turmeric, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Remove 1 tsp and set aside. Stir oil into remaining spice mixture.
- Place cauliflower and potatoes in separate bowl and divide the oil mixture evenly between the two. Toss each to coat the vegetables thoroughly.
- Arrange chicken drumsticks and potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet; bake at 400F for 20 minutes. Turn chicken and stir potatoes. Add cauliflower to baking sheet; bake until juices run clear when chicken is pierced and cauliflower is beginning to brown (approx. 20 minutes).
- CURRY YOGURT SAUCE: In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, reserved spice mixture, lemon juice and honey. Serve with the chicken and vegetables
Thursday, January 31, 2013
Garam Masala Drumsticks with Aloo Gobi
GARAM MASALA DRUMSTICKS WITH ALOO GOBI
1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs (or cornflakes like I used)
4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp each ground coriander, garlic powder and onion powder
Pinch each cayenne pepper and salt
4 skinless, chicken drumsticks
1 cup medium shredded unsweetened coconut
1 egg, beaten
1 1/4 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp each ground coriander, curry powder and turmeric
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 tbsp oil (coconut or olive)
2 cups cauliflower florets
340g mini yellow-fleshed potatoes, scrubbed and halved
CURRY YOGURT SAUCE
1/2 cup Balkan-style plain yogurt (or goat yogurt like I used)
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp liquid honey