Last night I decided to try something a little bit different with the boneless, skinless chicken thighs that I had defrosted - and they were a hit with the entire family (PHEW!) This recipe is easy and tasty, and paired with roasted root vegetables that can be baked in the oven at the same time and temperature as the chicken thighs, you have one super tasty dinner!
- Whisk together all the ingredients before the chicken thighs. Pour half of the marinade into a large freezer bag and add chicken thighs.
- Place bag in fridge and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours, turning often.
- Pour the other half of the marinade into a small saucepan and place over medium high heat stirring often to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Remove chicken thighs from the bag and discard used marinade. Place chicken thighs into a 9x13 baking dish. Brush thighs with 1/3 of the thickened marinade
- Bake in the oven, uncovered for 30 minutes. Brush with another 1/3 of the marinade and bake for another 5 minutes. Check temperature of the thighs with a thermometer - it should read 165F. Remove thighs from oven and let stand.
- Meanwhile reheat the remaining 1/3 of marinade. Place thighs on plate and drizzle marinade over top.
- Serve and ENJOY!