- Heat EVOO in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion becomes translucent. Make sure you stir constantly so the garlic does not burn.
- Add both bell and banana peppers and saute for approximately 5 minutes, or until peppers are softened.
- Add can of tomatoes, juice and all, and stir. Turn heat to low and simmer for a few minutes.
- Slice sausages and add to the skillet. Cover and simmer for approximately 40 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with mashed potaotes
Friday, April 24, 2009
Lecso - A Hungarian Dish
Many years ago my friend Aggie made this meal for us. It was a staple in her home and a common Hungarian dish - I absolutely loved it and begged her for the recipe. Ever since I make this about four times a year, and while it is a little too hot for my children, Greg and I love it because it is comfort food with a kick!
1 large onion, cut lenthwise and into slivers
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 large can of diced tomatoes
2 to 3 green and red bell peppers, cut into strips
2 to 3 banana peppers, cut into strips
1 package of smoked sausages