- Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Season the shrimp with 2 tsp of the Essence. Place the shrimp in the pan and saute until almost done. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Place the remaining oil in the saute pan along with the onion and bell peppers. Saute, stirring until the onions are translucent (about 3 mintues). Add the sausage and cook another minute.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute, stirring quickly to avoid garlic burning, for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the thyme, 1 tbsp of Essence and 1/2 tsp salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream to the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Return the shrimp and pasta to the pan. Continue to cook the sauce and pasta, stirring occasionally to combine. Remove from the heat and add the basil and Parmesan.
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Fettuccini
CAJUN SHRIMP & SAUSAGE FETTUCCINE
1/2 to 3/4 lb cooked fresh fettuccine
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb peeled, deveined raw large shrimp
1 tbsp plus 2 tsp Essence Seasoning (recipe below)
1 1/2 hot or smoked turkey sausages (I used turkey/chicken ones from Costco), diced into 1/2" pieces
1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Reggiano or Peccorino Reggiano
2 1/2 tbsp Hungarian paprika
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried thyme