- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the fettuccine until it is al dente.
- Meanwhile, while the pasta is cooking, heat the EVOO in a large saute pan and gently cook the garlic, over medium-high heat, until it turns golden brown. Add 3 pinches of Kosher salt, approximately the same amount of pepper, and 2 pinches of the crushed red pepper to the oil.
- Add the arugula leaves and stir until slightly wilted. Add the stock, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the walnuts and cook for an additional minute, or until the stock has reduced by half.
- Add the lemon juice and butter and stir to incorporate. Turn off the heat
- Drop the fettuccine into the saute pan with the sauce and mix to incorporate the ingredients. Top with the Parmesan Reggiano and serve!
The pasta will appear slightly creamy, but shouldn't be swimming in the sauce.