- Using a mortar and pestle or a fork, mash together garlic, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper, to form a paste.
- Spread paste evenly over entire pork roast and refrigerate in a roasting pan (or a Ziploc freezer bag) for at least 1 hr, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300F. Add water to the bottom of the roasting pan, and cover the roast in the pan with foil.
- Cook, basting hourly, flipping halfway through, until pork is tender and can easily be pulled apart using a fork (approx. 6 hours)
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Using two forks, shred pork and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Pour drippings into a pan and heat to medium high heat. Add the port and hot pepper sauce. Simmer until the consistency of BBQ sauce. Pour over the pork and stir thoroughly.
- Place the pork on a fresh sandwich bun and enjoy!