Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

EAT YOUR TREES!!


Instead of arguing with the kids at the dinner table I just keep trying to present veggies in combination with other things that they enjoy...like in this instance, bacon!


We all know the virtues of the oft overlooked broccoli, but frankly I don't really enjoy it unless it is in pasta or is raw. So when I discovered this recipe in "Canadian Living" I pounced on it! Needless to say it is DELICIOUS and definitely encourages me to eat 'my trees'!!!


BROCCOLI AND PANCETTA SAUTE


Ingredients:


1 bunch broccoli

3 tbsp EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

1 oz Pancetta or prosciutto (I must admit that I used good old streaky bacon since it came with my winter meat share basket and it was fabulous!), diced

4 garlic cloves, quartered

Pinch of hot pepper flakes


1. Trim tough stalks from broccoli and cut it into 4" spears. Set aside.


2. In a large skillet heat EVOO over medium-low heat. Saute pancetta, garlic and hot pepper flakes , stirring occasionally for approx. 5 mins. or until garlic is golden and pancetta is crisp.


3. Stir in broccoli and 1/4 cup water; cover and cook for about 8 mins. until tender-crisp.


4. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment