Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicken and Artichoke Flatbreads


I tuned in to the new Canadian Living cooking show "Best Recipes Ever", at the suggestion of my friend Michelle, and I am glad I did! I am a HUGE fan of Canadian Living and have had a subscription for a little over a decade now. Many of the dishes that I cook are either from the recipes I have pulled from my magazines, or inspired by Canadian Living recipes. This dish is no exception. It comes directly from the show and can be found on www.cbc.c/bestrecipes/2010/01/artichoke-chicken-flatbread.html

As always I made a few variations according to what I had on hand - and you can too!

ARTICHOKE CHICKEN FLATBREAD
Ingredients:
2 naan breads
1 jar of roasted bell peppers (I used yellow peppers), drained
1 small jar of pickled pimentos, drained
2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
EVOO
Shredded leftover chicken
Black olives, pitted and sliced (I was out so I used my Tomato and Olive Antipasto)
Red onion, thinly sliced
Small jar of artichoke hearts, drained and cut into slices
Goat's cheese

  • In a mini processor or a blender, process the roasted peppers, pimentos and garlic with a thin drizzle of EVOO until a smooth sauce.

  • Spread the pepper sauce over the naan breads with a spoon.

  • Spread the remaining toppings evenly over the two naan breads and place in a 500F oven until the goat's cheese and naan become golden brown.

  • Remove and cut into strips and serve!

*If you want a less spicy pepper sauce for the base, just omit the pimentos! Also, if you would prefer, you could use buffalo mozzarella in place of the goat's cheese - or use both!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment